Our client, a leading research-based pharmaceutical company, is looking for a Senior Manager Laboratories Services for its Dublin site.
The Senior Manager Laboratory Services will report to the Director of Global Quality Laboratories and will be a member of the site leadership team for our multinational pharmaceutical client. The Senior Manager will have overall responsibility for the Quality Laboratories on the Dublin site which includes: micro, chemistry and incoming inspection.
- Set the direction for the department, drive high performance and foster an improvement culture.
- Ensure efficient and timely execution of assays for commercial batch release, release of utilities, packaging and raw materials as well as completion of stability studies.
- Minimize number of OOS by ensuring precise analytical methods fit for intended use as well as ensuring adherence to standard work.
- Support the organization in relation to method transfer.
- Increase efficiencies, e.g., by means of introducing cyclic planning, digitalization and optimal planning.
- Overall responsible for organizational development of the Dublin laboratories in consultation with immediate manager and HR.
- Lead and develop the team leaders towards a more LEAN and efficient way of working.
- Work closely together with "Global Quality Operations" to ensure that CoAs are flawless and delivered on time in sync with the batch review and release process.
- Liaise with the unions to ensure smooth execution of productivity improvements.
- Work closely together with R&D (PPS) to ensure alignment in expectations for execution of stability studies.
- Be an active member in GQL Leadership team.
- Actively influence the Dublin Site Leadership Team.
- Master of Science in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Microbiology or equivalent.
- Experience in a GXP regulated environment.
- Several years of general management experience.
- Demonstrated strong change management skills.
- Excellent people management and stakeholder management skills.
- Solid understanding of LEAN, planning and standardization.
- Behavioural competencies: Must be result oriented, able to set and communicate goals and expectations, be self-driven and ambitious as well as being fuelled by driving improvements.
Contact Peter O' Leary for a confidential discussion on this role.
Telephone: +353 87 2470635
Fastnet Executive Search has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.