Exciting opportunity for a Plant Manager to lead the operations and expansion plans for a flexible containment solutions manufacturing plant in Co. Cork. The Plant Manager will oversee the daily operations and will be responsible for policy deployment in alignment with overall company strategies and metrics. Develops and leads the culture in the plant by setting clear expectations and driving accountability within team actions. Responsible for safety, quality, planning, operations, process control, materials and deployment of functional strategies of the business.
- Champion and own the safety and quality culture in the plant by driving behavior, process, accountability and discipline within the site.
- Responsible for all aspects of the plant's day to day operations.
- Deliver all performance targets for the site while balancing all stakeholder needs/expectations.
- Drive process and utilize data to achieve performance targets and drive the principles and processes that enable a learning organization.
- Build organizational capability through developing, training and recruiting talent, and by creating structure that enables success for all employees.
- Responsible to ensuring organization has defined work methods, employees are trained to work methods and methods are adhered to always.
- Responsible for all facility equipment/tooling, driving preventative maintenance and ensuring equipment related process controls are in place and completed/monitored as required.
- Participate in the NPD process and ensure flawless launch of new programs.
- Responsible for receiving, inventory, materials, shipping, planning and all materials functions.
- Drive process development, deployment and continuous improvement into all business areas- staffing, materials, operations, process control, manufacturing quality, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or related field of study, plus at least a minimum of 10 years related experience managing plant operations.
- Experience in developing a high-performance team through upgrades, recruitment, development, stretch targets and understanding team dynamics.
- Experienced in utilization of data to drive both near term and strategic decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, deploy and work within various manufacturing processes- safety, quality, planning operational execution, inventory, staffing - and link together to form a cohesive plant operating system.
- Experience deploying lean tools, lean management and lean culture within a plant.
- Strong financial acumen regarding standard costing, income statement (variance reporting) balance sheet and daily costing.
- Clear understanding of manufacturing process design from PFEMA - to control plan - to controls - to monitoring/charting - to layered process audit. All leading to repeatable high quality outcomes.
- Strong ERP knowledge regarding aligning system to business models, and deploying parameters, process and reporting to run an efficient business.
- Extensive experience in regulated industries desirable and ability to lead teams in understanding and executing to unique customer and regulatory requirements (Pharmaceutical, FDA, NIOSH etc.).
Contact Richard Butler for a confidential discussion on this role.
Telephone: +353 87 2558528
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.